So I noticed today another problem I need to start addressing with Torin and that is his lack of empathy. Now I don't know exactly how concerned a typical 2 yr old should be when someone is hurt but I do know that Torin does not seemed phased at all.
Liam was sitting on the floor next to Torin this morning and he fell over. When he couldn't get back up he began to fuss and he laid there for a few minutes crying while I finished unloading the dishwasher. Torin never even looked over at him, he just continued playing with his toys.
Now I am completely at a loss when it comes to this. I have no idea how to even begin teaching something like this to a special needs child. Hopefully someone will have some ideas.
What is Homeopathy?
9 years ago
1 comment:
Hi Heather,
Don't be to hard on Torin, I just learned a last month that children do not understand Empathy at a young age. You can teach him that something is not right, And how to be kind but he doesn't know how to be sorry at the age of 2. Actually when we teach our children at a young age to say I am sorry, in reality it is just words to them. Not a feeling.. Interesting huh?
Post a Comment